How We Are Paid
Sweetwater Investments is a fee-only advisor (click here to read about the difference in fee-only, fee based and commission).
As a fee-only advisor, Sweetwater’s sole financial compensation is from fees paid by clients. We do not receive compensation from any third-party source. All fees are billed quarterly in arrears. We are paid only for the work we do and not for what we promise to do.
Our retainer fees are based on investable assets under management — investable assets are defined as accounts that can be managed by Sweetwater and are the total of household investable assets not to include active company retirement plans.
1% of investable assets, up to $3,000,000
.50% of investable assets from $3,000,001 to $5,000,000
.40% of investable assets above $5,000,001
The above investment advisor fees are charged quarterly (divide the annual rate by 4 to get the quarterly rate).
Financial Advisory Services included under our retainer fee:
· Comprehensive financial planning (savings and retirement)
· Resource allocation reviews (allocating investment funds to new ventures, property or education)
· Implementation of investment and financial plan recommendations
· Portfolio diversification reviews
· Insurance review
· Ongoing monitoring of your financial investment assets
· Annual updates of financial plan assumptions and progress of your portfolio toward your long-term financial goals
· Quarterly and annual fiscal performance reports
· Annual reports of gains, losses and income sent to tax advisor
· Unlimited telephone and email access to an adviser
· Asset allocation advice on 401K plans for active employees
· Access to non-affiliated investment managers
· In-person meetings on a mutually agreed to schedule
For clients with less than $250,000 in investable assets who desire a financial plan, Sweetwater charges a flat fee of $3,000 in addition to any investment asset management fees. The $3,000 is payable at the beginning of the planning process.
Sweetwater Investments, Inc